Hello and welcome to St. Stephens Pupil Forum page!
At St. Stephens Community Academy we believe it is vitally important that all our pupils have the opportunity to contribute their ideas and opinions about life in the school.
Check out the 'news' tab to see what we have been getting up to. Events that the Pupil Forum have organised and lead will be stated on the page.
What is a Pupil Forum?
Our Pupil Forum is made up of 2 representatives from every class (3 in Year 6) and 2 children representing the ARB unit.
What does the Pupil Forum do?
Pupil Forum meetings are held in the meeting room on Wednesdays once a fortnight. Members on the pupil forum discuss a variety of suggestions and ideas to improve our school, as well as organising events to raise money for charity. Some of their roles include:
- Listening to the views and concerns of other pupils;
- Representing the views and opinions of other children and discussing them;
- Suggesting ideas to improve the school;
- Thinking of ways to contribute to our wider community;
- Fundraising for a selection of charities;
- Having the responsibility for a budget;
- Interviewing prospect staff to join our school;
Electing as a Pupil Forum member:
Being a Pupil Forum member is a very responsible role as you need to represent the views and opinions of other pupils in the school. Being a Pupil Forum member is a fantastic chance to play an important part in our school community.
If you think you would like to represent your class, then take a look at the document below and watch out for when you can apply to become a Pupil Forum member!